There is no better way to sell your products, than to be able to keep them available to the consumer 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all over the planet. This is only achieved with an Online Electronic Commerce System better known as e-commerce.
Electronic Commerce, commonly known as e-commerce, is a type of industry where buying and selling of product or service is conducted over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks.
Electronic Commerce draws on technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems. Modern electronic commerce typically uses the World Wide Web at least at one point in the transaction's life-cycle, although it may encompass a wider range of technologies such as e-mail, mobile devices social media, and telephones as well.
Electronic Commerce is generally considered to be the sales aspect of e-business. It also consists of the exchange of data to facilitate the financing and payment aspects of business transactions. This is an effective and efficient way of communicating within an organization and one of the most effective and useful ways of conducting business.
The most effective tool within a e-commerce system is the Shopping Carts, a set of web applications, intended for pages that handle a considerable volume of products or services, where you can organize them into sections and categories, a product or service, usually consists of a photo, text and price, where the text is free and can include any description or specification.
The main advantage of Shopping Carts is the order so clear to the user, that allows to easily find the desired product, select one or several products, and add them to a basket, where the price of each item is added, and in the end the user can continue with payment methods, finally the website administrator, receives this information, and proceeds to make the sale.
E-commerce can be divided into:
- E-tailing or "virtual storefronts" on websites with online catalogs, sometimes gathered into a "virtual mall"
- The Gathering and use of demographic data through Web contacts and social media
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), the business-to-business exchange of data
- E-mail and Fax and their use as media for reaching prospective and established customers (for example, with newsletters)
- Business-to-Business buying and selling
- The Security of Business Transactions
- Business Applications
- Document automation in supply chain and logistics
- Domestic and international Payment systems
- Enterprise content management
- Group buying
- Automated online assistants
- Instant messaging
- Online shopping and order tracking
- Online banking
- Online office suites
- Shopping cart software
- Electronic tickets
Impact of the Ecommerce on Markets and Retailers
Economists have theorized that e-commerce ought to lead to intensified price competition, as it increases consumers' ability to gather information about products and prices. Research by four economists at the University of Chicago has found that the growth of online shopping has also affected industry structure in two areas that have seen significant growth in e-commerce, bookshops and travel agencies. Generally, larger firms are able to use economies of scale and offer lower prices. The lone exception to this pattern has been the very smallest category of bookseller, shops with between one and four employees, which appear to have withstood the trend.
Features of an E-Commerce System Solution
An E-Commerce System Solution, allows you to be as productive online as you wish to be, with an easy check-out for your consumers.
There are many features of an E-Commerce solution, all leading to the best and most productive system possible. Customer convenience is a main focal point in the best eCommerce solution.
Administration / Backend Functionality
Supports unlimited Products and Categories
Products-to-categories Structure the E-Commerce System
Categories-to-Categories Structure of the E-Commerce System
- Add/Edit/Remove categories, products, manufacturers, customers, and reviews
• Support for physical (shippable) and virtual (downloadable) products
• Administration area secured with a username and password defined during
• Contact customers directly via email or newsletters
• Easily backup and restore the database
• Print invoices and packaging lists from the order screen
• Statistics for products and customers
• Multilingual support
• Multicurrency support
• Automatically update currency exchange rates
- what to display, and in what order, in the product listing page
- Support for static and dynamic banners with full statistics
Customer / Frontend Functionality the E-Commerce System
- All orders stored in the database for fast and efficient retrieval
• Customers can view their order history and order statuses
• Customers can maintain their accounts
• Addressbook for multiple shipping and billing addresses
• Temporary shopping cart for guests and permanent shopping cart for
• Fast and friendly quick search and advanced search features
• Product reviews for an interactive shopping experience
• Forseen checkout procedure
• Secure transactions with SSL
• Number of products in each category can be shown or hidden
• Global and per-category bestseller lists
• Display what other customers have ordered with the current product shown
• Breadcrumb trail for easy site navigation
Product Functionality the E-Commerce System
- Dynamic product attributes relationship
• HTML based product descriptions
• Automated display of specials
• Control if out of stock products can still be shown and are available for purchase
• Customers can subscribe to products to receive related emails/newsletters
Payment Functionality of the E-Commerce System
- Accept numerous offline payment processing (cheque, money orders, offline credit care processing)
• Accept numerous online payment processing (PayPal, 2CheckOut, Authorize.net, iPayment)
• Disable certain payment services based on a zone basis
Shipping Functionality of the E-Commerce System
- Weight, price, and destination based shipping modules
• Real-time quotes available (UPS, USPS, FedEx, and so on)
• Free shipping based on amount and destination
• Disable certain shipping services based on a zone basis
Tax Functionality of the E-Commerce System
- Flexible tax implementation on a state and country basis
- Set different tax rates for different products
• Charge tax on shipping on a per shipping service basis
You May Also Like