Many are people just like you and me that like to play online and have fun doing it. Some of these people enjoy it so much, that they often do not even care about improving their skill and raising their chances of winning.
Working on skills will not only help you improve your success while playing online games but will also give you higher self-esteem and a sense of achievement. And remember that the faster you master the easy games, you can turn to the more complicated ones and match your brain and skills against the real experts.
Online playing is different than just playing on your personal computer at home. While online, you have to pay attention to many different things that need to be taken into account, and I will detail these here:
1) Internet Connection: Pay attention to your online connection and make sure that the internet connection is strong and without any connection breaks. These can be done easily by trying to play a simple online game before moving on to the more serious ones. For example, play scrabbles or checkers online and then see how your connection works.
2) The Graphics: Check that your PC screen is strong enough to run the specific game you have in mind. Download the trial and play it on your computer. If you can’t run or if it does not run smoothly, be aware that though the online version is less of a strain on the resources of your computer, the game might get stuck or stall from time to time. What can you do? Other than spending money on improving the hardware of your computer, the only thing you can do is to pick another game.
3) Limit your game time: One of the most important facts that young players tend to overlook is that they cannot play forever. The body needs sleep and even though it might appear or one might not feel tired, your performance drops as the hours pass by. It is important also to (if the game permits it) try and drink water while playing and not Coca Cola or Pepsi or anything else sweet or alcoholic. These will only make you more sleepy than before even if for the first few minutes it will feel as if they are invigorating you.
4) Game Plans: Have a look at how others are playing before you join the fray. Study the manner how the game moves and how others hide or move. Even if you end up playing against other players, eventually the nooks and corners of the game are similar. Remember that people tend to move in similar fashion so the whole point is to get a whiff of game movement.
5) Strategy: Look up different strategic models and systems offered and posted on the internet. Your players might use some of these and if you are aware of them it will be easier for you to block their moves.